The Benefits of joining WelHatf Sport s
WelHat Sports is a voluntary Community Sports Network for clubs and organisations in the borough of Welwyn Hatfield managed by Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council. It is free to join - click here .
WelHat Sports is the Voice for Sport in Welwyn Hatfield
We represent the interests of our sports clubs and sports organisations to:
- Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council through their management of WelHat Sports on the Management Committee,
- our representation at council’s Cultural Consortium and Community Inclusion Partnership and when consulted directly, e.g., on the Welwyn Hatfield Sports Strategy
- Welwyn Hatfield School Games Partnership
- Herts Sports Partnership through the Partners Forums and directly on specific projects and issues
- Sport England and Public Health England at forums and when directly consulted.
Contact Welwyn Hatfield Sports Partnership Officer, Milan Johnston: firstname.lastname@example.org
Management and Organisation
WelHat Sports management committee comprises:
- democratically elected Chairman,
- Management by WH BC Sports Development,
- WH BC Sports Development Champion
- Lead enthusiats - you help decide
- Meetings are approximately 3 times a year
An AGM at which reports are presented and officers elected.
At least one Sports Organisations’ Forum is held each year on topics of importance to clubs, e.g., finding funds, more members, more volunteers, working with schools.
Sports Development and Networking
The Borough Council and Herts Sports Partnership are members of WelHat Sports and can provide advice and support including financial. Support can also be found by attending WelHat Sports meetings and networking with clubs, schools and other members: for example, schools often seek coaches to help for an event or a term and this can provide links with clubs.
Publicity and Promotion
By registering your club you will be kept informed of events, funding and meetings and have access to all the benefits listed here.
Our newsletters are distributed to our approximately 200 clubs, schools, sports facilities and doctors’ surgeries.
Our website and FaceBook publishes our and our partners’ news and coming events. Our members can publish their information on their club’s page as often as they wish and add items to WelHat Sports FaceBook.
We promote all our sports organisations interests at the 16 events each year that we help organise and attend. At many of the events we are able to encourage provision of demonstrations by our clubs and organisations.
We are members of Welwyn Hatfield Community Voluntary Service: members can advertise for vacant club positions without extra charge.
Membership is free, but limited to clubs and organisations in the borough, to register click here