The Welwyn Hatfield Sport and Physical Activity Alliance (WHSPAA) is the voice for sport in Welwyn Hatfield. It is a democratic organisation with an Executive committee and the network of local delivery agents for sport and physical activity and key strategic partners who are committed to working together through sport and physical activity to improve the quality of life for the people of Welwyn Hatfield.
WHSPAA is an integral part of a system for community sport and physical activity that aims to provide a bottom up/top down system of planning and delivery based on local needs and priorities.
“To increase participation, enjoyment and achievement in sport and physical activity by working together to provide and promote an environment that allows everyone to get involved, stay involved and to reach their full potential so that sport and physical activity can contribute to the quality of life of people living in our community"
It is intended that WHSPAA will
- Identify local needs, and develop a locally shared vision and action plan
- Be a integral part the Welwyn Hatfield Alliance, the local strategic partnership for Welwyn Hatfield
- Be a integral part of a single system for sport with formal links to the Herts Sports Partnership
- Focus upon building capacity to increase participation and widen access
The elected Executive Committee supports approximately 4 Club Forum meetings per year on topics of importance to clubs. Our AGM is held in April or May each year.
WHSPAA is a member of the Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council's Culural Consortium and Alliance.
WHSPAA Stakeholders include:
WH Community Voluntary Service
Gosling Sports Trust
Hatfield Town Council
Herts Sport Partnership
School Games Partnership Organiser
Specialist Sports Colleges
University of Hertfordshire
Voluntary Sports Clubs and organisations
Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council Sports Champion/ Executive Member, Leisure
Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council Youth and Sport Partnership Manager
Welwyn Hatfield Community Safety Partnership
- Upcoming EventsMay, National Walking Month, - May to August Hertfordshire Health Walks Programmes online01st May, 2019
- Upcoming EventsJoin a summer evening Health Walk01st June, 2019
- Upcoming Events‘This Girl Can’ , 17 – 23 June, is an opportunity to encourage more women & girls into sport 16th June, 2019
- Upcoming EventsWelwyn 10K23rd June, 2019