Coaching Herts is a website for sports coaches across Hertfordshire. Whether you're looking for courses and workshops, or hoping to register with the CoachMark scheme, then Coaching Herts is the place to be.
Coaching Herts is managed and funded by Herts Sports Partnership and forms a key part of our coaching development function. As the county sports partnership, our role is to encourage more people to be more active, more often - good coaching is an important part of that!
Within Hertfordshire, there are more than 2,000 sports clubs and (if official estimates are to be believed) over 20,000 coaches. But we don't know for sure and it can be difficult to find the right coach. Coaching Herts will help to make sure that clubs, schools and local authorities can find the coaches that they need. Herts Sports Partnership is not a coaching agency, though - there are some good agencies in the county and you may find their coaches on this database.
And that is exactly what Coaching Herts is - a database on which coaches can put their details, either for their own development or to promote what they do for others to look at. It's a database that prospective employers can use to find a coach with the right skills, qualifications and experience for the sporting session that they're running. And it's a database that can be used to keep coaches informed and to help with coach development.
Coaching Herts is one of a number of services that Herts Sports Partnership provides for coaches:
- promote funding opportunities for coaches (when available!)
- run a coach education programme consisting of generic training workshops for coaches
- help with recruiting coaches
- publicise (and occasionally run) sport-specific development opportunities, such as coaching award courses
- recognise and reward coaching achievement in our Service to Sport Awards
- organise an annual Coach Education Week incorporating our Coaching Conference
- offer a coaching resource collection through the county's Central Library Service.
The benefits of sport and physical activity to individuals and communities are universally recognised. Sport is also acknowledged as a tool for tackling many issues, such as health, education and social inclusion. Coaching and coach education are critical in supporting all of this, and Coaching Herts is an investment in the coaching infrastructure of the county.
Two issues of interest that affect all Herts coaches, are Minimum Standards for Deployment and the UK Coaching Certificate.